Talking Bodies: Choreographers Fest
Collective Soles Dance is creating a biannual open forum choreography festival for the Tampa Bay area.
This event is an open floor for local choreographers/dancers/artists to share –
a fragmented idea(s)
a completed thought
a fully-realized work
or any combination or imagining thereof
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
· CSD is accepting choreographic sharings that are seven minutes or less in length and can be any dance style or format.
· It is FREE to present in this festival.
· Please keep your sharing to 7 minutes or less.
· You can submit more than one sharing to present – but only one is guaranteed to be presented
o If there is room for additional sharing(s), they will be selected via a lottery drawing.
· All participating choreographers will receive a high-quality video of their sharing
· Held in the Blackbox Studio at Jansen Dance Project – with one light look (lights up/lights down)
· Casual, relaxed atmosphere – dancers can enter from the audience; audience members are free to enter/exit throughout.
· Responses to your work – we will encourage our audience members to respond via writing down thoughts or speaking directly to you afterwards
Witness & Contribute:
This free event will be on Saturday, May 19th at 7pm.
Suggested donations: $10
50% of Proceeds will go to Cancer Research.
You are free to enter and exit as the event continues.
Enjoy wine & beer and appetizers as you watch.
We invite you provide responses (verbal or written) to what you see
through posted prompts & questions.